You can order your repeat prescriptions in the following ways:
- In person – by calling into the surgery with your prescription counterfoil.
- E-mail – send your request to email@example.com
- Online prescription request service – you must register for this service at the practice initially. You can also book appointments online with this service. Click here to login to the service
- Post – if you need your prescription posting back to you, please include an SAE.
- Via a Pharmacy of your choice – you can arrange this service from a number of local pharmacies. They will handle all of the ordering on your behalf.
- PLEASE NOTE: Only housebound patients can request prescriptions over the telephone. We issue thousands of prescriptions every month, and our phone lines would be unacceptably busy if we accepted a high proportion of these requests over the telephone.
Your repeat prescription will be ready two working days after ordering. Prescriptions ordered on Monday will be ready for collection on Wednesday. Prescriptions ordered on a Friday will be ready for collection on Tuesday. It is your responsibility to request your medication in sufficient time.
Sometimes the doctors can safely prescribe requested medications that are not on the repeat prescription, but often this is not possible. Please bear this in mind when ordering.
From time to time we will ask you to see an appropriate member of the team to review your medication. If you do not attend for a requested medication review it may not be safe for us to continue to prescribe certain medications.